The New Mexico Press Association will be celebrating the 51st year of its Hall of Fame during the annual convention on Oct. 26-27.
The Board of Directors is working hard at putting together what will be a memorable convention, but there is one thing that is needed – an inductee for 2019.
Nominations are now being accepted for induction into the NMPA Hall of Fame. If there is someone you know who is deserving of this honor, please let us know.
Criteria for nominees:
- Must be nominated by someone other than family members or themselves.
- Nominee cannot be a current member of the NMPA Board of Directors
- Twenty years of experience in the newspaper business, 10 of them in New Mexico.
- Exemplary record of accomplishment in the newspaper industry
- Nominee will have made a significant contribution to the New Mexico newspaper industry. Examples include NMPA Board of Directors service, national recognition for journalism excellence, creation of innovative programs that benefit all New Mexico newspapers or meritorious service on behalf of First Amendment issues.
To nominate someone, please send their name and contact information as well as a letter explaining why the nominee should be inducted into the Hall of Fame to email@example.com. Deadline for nominations is June 1.